Oops! I’m not going to lie I forgot what day it was. I took some time out this weekend and stepped away from the blog/social media. I really just needed some space to reflect and center my thoughts. Even though I love Happily In Style and […]
I’m thinking it’s time we all started investing a little more time and energy into OURSELVES. Of course I’ve been outspoken about skin care, especially as we embark into the spring leaving winter in the dust! I can’t stress enough how important it is to invest in […]
What a month its been for our little Bodhi Bear, he’s accomplished many firsts recently and we couldn’t be prouder. We’ve even been lucky enough to witness a lot of his firsts together on our trip to Hawaii. A lot of Gunnar’s first were at work with me which meant that Sam didn’t really get to experience them first hand. So you can image how excited he was to witness the wonder and excitement in Bodhi’s eyes when first trying each new experience.
Thus far he is pretty excited about most experiences. He has rolled over and is determined to go on to the next task of sitting up and staying up. I must say Bodhi is a big fan of the ocean and Hawaii seems to suit him well. Only time will tell if he’s as into the ocean and all its beauty as his mama. One thing we can say is this boy loves the sand just as much as his older brother.
A Few Of Bodhi’s Firsts
1. His first food: Green beans: Really this one happened at 2 months olds. We kept quiet about it because neither of us felt like hearing grief from others. Everyone has their own opinion on when you should start introducing food and I’ll cover our personal experience in a post a little bit later but yea we started early and it was the best thing we could have done!
2. First plane trip: Well we did it at almost 4 months old our little bear went on his first
plane ride. Gunnies was almost a year old for his first so we really didn’t know what to expected when it came to taking a 4 month old on a plane. I mean really we didn’t know what to expect with taken him plus Gunnie ( 3 years old). I’ll admit it wasn’t as bad as we had thought.
3. Sleeping in his crib: CRAZY!!! I wasn’t sure if this would ever happen but we got there. I don’t know how many nights it will happen now that we are home but I’m hopeful. We finally were able to get Bodhi to sleep on his own in a crib and yes, through the night. I know, I know, I’ll be over here accepting high fives from all my fellow mamas all week! We all know these moments should always be celebrated. I don’t know if it was the heat, or the type of crib maybe even the natural sounds of the Maui beaches, insects and birds but something about Maui got him to be a little more independent and this mama is lovin’ it! I may even have to go buy a CD of Maui sounds just to test it out! 😂
4. His first sandy beach extrusion: So far all signs point to a little beach lover just like his big brother. The awe and wonder in Bodhi’s eye matches that of Gunnie’s the very first time he saw that big beautiful blue “puddle” as he has deemed it. I’m from a family of beach lovers, we grew up summering in Hilton Head and later once we got a little older, we moved the summers to Sea Isle City. So having my boys love beach days and time in the water as much as I, is amazing.
5. Perfecting the roll: I wrote about Bodhi’s need to move last time and how he was already rolling over. Well he has since perfected that and moved on to sitting up. He truly doesn’t want to stop for anything. I have a feeling we will have an earlier walker with this one. The entire flight home I had to stand him in certain positions because he didn’t want to sit or be held. Nope our little i bear wanted to standing and watching everything that was going on around him.
The other day temperatures reached an all time high, well at least for me they did. I’m in the third trimester of my second pregnancy and oh boy are these pregnancy symptoms coming out of the woodwork. All day yesterday I was fanning myself and staying hydrated, I was definitely having a hot flash or too. I’ve always said that my second trimester was the BEST time every during my first pregnancy and it’s safe to say that the second time around was no different. Theres just something about it, you’re not too big yet you don’t really have symptoms as much as you did while adjusting in the beginning or near the end when your body is doing the prep work for delivery. It’s just a nice slice of time where everything stands still and you get to just enjoy the baby bump and food cravings. Sadly I’m not longer living that beautiful dream anymore. Don’t get me wrong the third trimester isn’t bad its just different. Things are getting real and the time seems to fly by more rapidly than in the beginning. Things I felt I had months to do are dwindling down to weeks and soon it will be days. Ahhh!!!
In the mean time I’ve stopped all maternity purchases I’m good I’ve only got ten weeks left so I’m going to “make do” with what I have and keep it simple. Today’s is another non-bump purchases, I wore a draped BCBG Maxazria skirt. I love the color of this skirt it reminds me of a blue lagoon or deep periwinkle tone which is great for accentuating a tan. I kept it simple on top and just paired it with a white tank. I threw on a BCBG Generation blouse over it to complete the look with add a little extra pop. The blouse used to zip up but well that’s not happening any time soon so I’m keeping it in rotation as a cover up. I kept my make up light and my hair half up half down for a simple sleek look. Near the end of pregnancy I try to keep everything simple, throw on and go is my motto. You may not always get as stylish of a look as you’re after but remember you are going through the miracle of pregnancy. It doesn’t always feel like a miracle but anything amazing isn’t going to come that easy. So just be confident and remember you are BEAUTIFUL!