Let’s talk about wrapping paper. I mean if you think about it, wrapping paper is a product that is manufactured solely to be thrown away. But if that doesn’t stop you from buying it lets talk about how expensive it is. A box of tags […]
I am definitely not that from the garden, food-processing kinda mama. As you all know I’ve tirelessly tried to be that mama but alas I’m not. With such a heavy work load it just isn’t happening. For those reading that are I think you’re amazing! (send me your tips). […]
I don’t know about the rest of you but I grew up with penny loafers. My mom and aunts all wore them and even my brother wore them when he went to Catholic school. The shoe itself is versatile and wearable for both men and women. As I got older I would see a few of my favorite bloggers rock loafers, even before they came back in style. I always felt like I couldn’t pull them off until recently. I’m trying to adopt a new mentality. “This is simple, this is easy, this is fun.” My mother-in-law showed me this video of a man named, Kerwin Rae (awesome name) talking about how we as people let our brains tell us what to do when it should really be the other way around. This statement and the meaning behind it, are meant for things on a grander scale then my shoe problem. But I’m using it in every aspect of my life. For the full video click the quote above!
So by this mentality I decided I’d try a pair. You don’t know how something will look on you till you actually try. And if it was a total fail I knew I’d have a few friends I could hand them over to. Results? I love them! They are so comfortable and to my surprise go with everything. It’s a fun way to add a little something extra to a look. I feel like loafers are surprisingly a flirty chic meets masculine flare kinda style and it adds something totally new to my wardrobe. Today I paired them with cut off shorts and a chartreuse knit I’ve recently become obsessed with from J.Crew. Below I’ve supplied a few styles to turn your own wardrobe into flirty chic.
Oops! I’m not going to lie I forgot what day it was. I took some time out this weekend and stepped away from the blog/social media. I really just needed some space to reflect and center my thoughts. Even though I love Happily In Style and all my website brings to my like sometimes stepping away even for just a weekend can be refreshing. As of Sunday night I was feeling well rested and ready to get back to it, a little time away was just want I needed. Only problem was since I took the weekend off I constantly keep thinking it is the weekend. (isn’t that just the worst!!) Plus I was so focused on sharing my new JORD campaign with everyone (Giveaway can be found here) that my regular blog schedule fell to the waist side. Even worse, I got food poisoning yesterday which really threw me for a loop. So it wasn’t till this morning when I was finally feeling better that I realized I would be publishing my, “Hello Monday!” post on a Wednesday! So while it certainly isn’t Monday I’m still going to give a big HELLO to good ole’ Monday and the week! It may have been a rocky start but I’m ready for the week and the warmer spring weather!
I loved last Monday’s post so m much and from the numbers it seemed like everyone out there did as well. So I’m keeping with that trend and discussing a new trend I’m loving and seeing everywhere. The trend I’m discussing? Platform shoes, not just any platform shoe, the wooden platform Oxford. I’m a big fan of Oxford shoes and am constantly buying them for my husband. There’s something about seeing a man pair Oxford shoes with dark denim and a nice button that I just love. They can complete any men’s wear look and now you can find them in a platform version for women (#winning)
This new twist on a classic men’s piece embodies everything fun and flirty about spring and in my opinion they’re a “must-have” for anyones spring wardrobe. The question is can I pull these babies off? I desperately want to test a pair out but I’m nervous. You’ll just have to wait and see if I take the plunge into this trend or not! Until then check out a few of my favorite styles as inspiration for your own spring wardrobe! Happy Monday….I meannn, Wednesday, Happy Wednesday ?
I’m thinking it’s time we all started investing a little more time and energy into OURSELVES. Of course I’ve been outspoken about skin care, especially as we embark into the spring leaving winter in the dust! I can’t stress enough how important it is to invest in […]
What a month its been for our little Bodhi Bear, he’s accomplished many firsts recently and we couldn’t be prouder. We’ve even been lucky enough to witness a lot of his firsts together on our trip to Hawaii. A lot of Gunnar’s first were at work with me which meant that Sam didn’t really get to experience them first hand. So you can image how excited he was to witness the wonder and excitement in Bodhi’s eyes when first trying each new experience.
Thus far he is pretty excited about most experiences. He has rolled over and is determined to go on to the next task of sitting up and staying up. I must say Bodhi is a big fan of the ocean and Hawaii seems to suit him well. Only time will tell if he’s as into the ocean and all its beauty as his mama. One thing we can say is this boy loves the sand just as much as his older brother.
A Few Of Bodhi’s Firsts
1. His first food: Green beans: Really this one happened at 2 months olds. We kept quiet about it because neither of us felt like hearing grief from others. Everyone has their own opinion on when you should start introducing food and I’ll cover our personal experience in a post a little bit later but yea we started early and it was the best thing we could have done!
2. First plane trip: Well we did it at almost 4 months old our little bear went on his first
plane ride. Gunnies was almost a year old for his first so we really didn’t know what to expected when it came to taking a 4 month old on a plane. I mean really we didn’t know what to expect with taken him plus Gunnie ( 3 years old). I’ll admit it wasn’t as bad as we had thought.
3. Sleeping in his crib: CRAZY!!! I wasn’t sure if this would ever happen but we got there. I don’t know how many nights it will happen now that we are home but I’m hopeful. We finally were able to get Bodhi to sleep on his own in a crib and yes, through the night. I know, I know, I’ll be over here accepting high fives from all my fellow mamas all week! We all know these moments should always be celebrated. I don’t know if it was the heat, or the type of crib maybe even the natural sounds of the Maui beaches, insects and birds but something about Maui got him to be a little more independent and this mama is lovin’ it! I may even have to go buy a CD of Maui sounds just to test it out! ?
4. His first sandy beach extrusion: So far all signs point to a little beach lover just like his big brother. The awe and wonder in Bodhi’s eye matches that of Gunnie’s the very first time he saw that big beautiful blue “puddle” as he has deemed it. I’m from a family of beach lovers, we grew up summering in Hilton Head and later once we got a little older, we moved the summers to Sea Isle City. So having my boys love beach days and time in the water as much as I, is amazing.
5. Perfecting the roll: I wrote about Bodhi’s need to move last time and how he was already rolling over. Well he has since perfected that and moved on to sitting up. He truly doesn’t want to stop for anything. I have a feeling we will have an earlier walker with this one. The entire flight home I had to stand him in certain positions because he didn’t want to sit or be held. Nope our little i bear wanted to standing and watching everything that was going on around him.