Sweater weather as you know is my absolute favorite. While we are in the midst of a summer meets fall situation here in Philadelphia, I must say I’m digging it. I am probably speaking too soon, but as of now, it’s been perfect sweater weather. Mild […]
Bodhi is currently napping, it’s Friday and I’m so grateful for these few minutes to myself to get ready. After what seems like a very long week it’s nice to spend a little time taking care of myself and my skin. As the leaves start to change I start to make a few changes of my own. I reorganize my bathroom and start to put away those summer time essentials and exchange those for products that give my skin a little more little moisture. Once we get to those cooler months my skin gets a little dry and I feel like I loose that dewy fresh look that comes with a summer of hydration! Over time I’ve found a few favorite products meant for those dull skin moments! Today I’m sharing my casual cold weather hair and makeup style. The great news? It’s super easy, the makeup part takes all of 5 minutes, the rest is pretty simple too but it can take a little longer depending on the texture of your hair.
For My Hair: I like to go with a half up, half down look and usually a mini top knot is involved!
- Shampoo only and rinse.
- Brush with wide toothed comb and give yourself a middle part.
- Blow dry your hair with a round brush. (For a little extra shine add in a serum. I use Kristin Ess’s Working Serum)
- Take the middle section of your hair and tie it up in what I like to call a “meant to be messy” top knot/bun and bam.Y A, D O N E
Makeup/Skin care: I’m going to go a little more in-depth with my skin care/makeup because you guys are constantly emailing me with questions about my skin. I plan on writing a more detailed post about all the different products I use year round. For now I’ll give you details on my fall skin products which I think are my personal FAVS!
- I wash my face. I like to start with a face wash or toner. I’m very protective of my skin and I don’t just use any product because it’s a fad or everyone swears by it. We all have different skin what works for you might not work for me and vice versa. With the weather changing our bodies and skin can start to feel the effects of that change even before our brains start to notice somethings up! So to combat the weather change that’s mildly approaching I like to up my skin and beauty game. I start to bring in products that have multiple uses. I recently received a complementary bottle of Phyto-Active Cream Cleasner by Glo Skin Beauty. This is one of those products that has multiple benefits for my skin and I love it. I’ve never need a big fan of face wash as my skin is super sensitive but this product has changed my view on washing my face. It gently exfoliates and rinsing away impurities while preparing my skin to effectively receive peptides and plant stem cells which are in each bottle. It cleanses my skin and leaves it feeling so smooth and soft. I normally get redness and rashing on my cheeks if I wash my face too much ( aka every day) but with this face wash I’ve only see it improve my skin leaving it looking radiant.
- Once your skin is clean add some skin tint/tinted moisturizer. Take a brush or beauty blender if you have sensitive skin and add your tinted moisturizer. I like to apply it like I would when putting lotion on my face. I personally use Aveda Tinted Moisturizer or Glossier Skin Tint. I love both of them but I will say the Glossier gives me a dewy fresh face and since I still have a little summer tan happening today I’m going with Glossier!
- Mascara. I use lancomé, always have always will. Apply two coats of mascara on top and bottom lashes.
- Grab your eyebrow brush and get working on those eyebrows. So I absolutely adorn my Boy Brow brush by Glossier. It thickens, fills in, and tames my eyebrows and even better it’s all of these things in one! Check out Boy Brow for yourself!
- If you don’t have a Boy Brow this would be the time where you fill them in with pencil as you desire.
- Lip scrub. I use Sarah Happ’s sugar lip scrub and I love it! It isn’t too harsh on your lips and actually tastes good unlike other lip scrubs I’ve tried. If you’ve every used a lip scrub you know sometimes you accidentally end up eating a little so taste counts! 😂
- Lipstick. For the more of a natural look, I went for a matte lipstick from Glo Skin Beauty in the ‘pillow talk’ color. This was another gift from them and a great one at that! Not only do they have so many amazing shades to choose from but they also hydrate and soften your lips while you wear them.
Follow my steps and your skin/hair will officially be cold weather ready! Now all you have to do is throw on some jeans, your chunkiest sweater, a pair of booties and go grab a pumpkin spices latte because mama you are sweater weather ready. And on that note Bodhi is up from his afternoon nap so it’s time for us to get back to #momlife.
Happy Fall Friday Y’all!
Let’s be real, those summer time holidays aren’t as fun with little ones. Of course they have their moments and everything is special because maybe it’s their first Independence Day or they’re big fans of fireworks. But it gets to a point where all you […]
Wow, two months with my little Bodhi blue. I can’t believe it honestly. It feels like ever since he arrived things have moved at a very rapid pace. Maybe its been all the running around that fall can bring or maybe its just that with two little ones moments go by so much quicker. We are a little over a week away from celebrating his first Halloween a memory I won’t soon forget, his just major holiday. Oh, I’m SO excited to share his Halloween costume with you guys. Soon we will be caving pumpkins and carting Gunnie around for his first trick-or-treating experience and while I haven’t decided if it will be warm enough for Bodhi I am excited for all the fun to start! In only two shorts months we’ve definitely built a lot of those, long-lasting memories and even though he won’t remember them Gunnie, Sam and I will.
Favorite Memories Thus Far:
- His first smile is a favorite of mine and it happened just when I needed it the most. I haven’t been shy about my postpartum experience. It has been a little difficult to cope with my hormone levels changing as they do after pregnancy and I’m experiencing some anxiety because of it. I remember one time in particular where I was finding it hard to just breath and get through it. Gunnar was destroying the house, Bodhi was crying for more milk and probably from exhaustion because lets me honest who can sleep in a house with a banshee two-year old. There I was feeling a combination of emotions, including fear, anxiety, angry and sadness. I went over to Bodhi’s crib to get him for his feeding when all of a sudden he stopped crying. In that same moment I looked up to see Gunnar had calmed down and was sitting peacefully coloring in one of his books. Finally I could breath again. When I looked back down at Bodhi there it was, an enormous smile that could brighten even the darkest night. I melted, not only did I melt but so did all of my anxiety and fear.
- We took the boys to the pumpkin patch this past Sunday and of course who could miss Gunnie having so much fun in the dirt and mud with his Thomas the Tank. We saw sheep and goats and little wiener dogs race (yes you read that right, our town is full of interesting traditions 😂) While all of this was going on, little Bodhi aka Mr.Particular was staring out into the crowd with a look of annoyance and disgusted that was truly a sight to be seen. In that moment he was more I knew, he was just like his daddy. He and he father are both very happy and inviting people but just like his father if he isn’t feeling it, you know! Getting to see his personality traits and who he may be more like is a fun experience.
- Any and every moment when Gunnar and Bodhi are together. Gunnar LOVES his little brother so much that we actually have to tell him to chill a little when it comes to touching him. I hate to even tell him not to touch Bodhi but Gunnie’s favorite spot to touch him has become the soft spot on the top of his head. So yeahh telling him “no” is a must at this point.
- The moment I got to dress him in his Halloween costume and of course this outfit shown both above and in a few action shots below. The amount of faces and emotions this little babe has at only 2 months old is a sure sign he’s an old soul. And right about now that old soul is probably wonder, “Why in god’s name did I pick this family, this woman is NUTS. What am I wearing?!” 😂
So there you have another month with our little pumpkin 🎃 Below you can see a few of those faces I was talking about!!!