You didn’t think I forgot about it did you? No I didn’t forget that the best sale, the sale of all sales, the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is happening right NOW! Sadly this is the last weekend of this glorious Nordstrom Anniversary sale but don’t fret […]
Okay so ALL of my July posts have been delayed. I’m so sorry to all of my readers but to be honest I was just enjoying July. No excuses, no real reason, well actually there were two pint size reasons. Those reasons just so happen to be named G and Bodhi (still can’t think of a nickname for that one). So again sorry for the delay I know I’ve been a bad blogger but come on we all deserve some chill time now and again. We are finally getting back into the swing of things as our house. It’s crazy to me because I feel like traveling with little ones can make a 3 day vacation feel like a month-long vacation. With all the extra food, clothing and money you need to bring for those unknown moments. Don’t get me wrong I love traveling and thanks to my parents I spent more than half of my life traveling. But it is so nice to get home and just sort things out.
I have so much coming for you guys I’ve given sneak peeks here and there on Happily In Style’s Instagram feed, so if you haven’t already, go check it out! For now I’ll be over here picking out a new washer and dryer, cleaning my appliances and planning a birthday party for a certain soon to be one year old! Oh the adventures of parenting and being a homeowner, so thrilling! Happy Tuesday loves!
- Now I know if you’re following a couple of bloggers you know Nordstrom is having its anniversary sale. I’ll I’m going to do it supply the early access sale link here. The sale officially starts July 20th but if you have a Nordstrom’s credit card you can shop the sale NOW! I’m on a spending freeze so I haven’t done any shopping. Of course normally I would still supply my picks but I have a 1st birthday party to plan and cannot afford to fall of the wagon what so ever! Mama is on a budget!
- I’m seriously obsessed with this one. Soul Tattoos are something I actually found late last night while I was rocking Bodhi back to sleep. The idea is, you have a reading done, be it with tarot cards or palms and the person reading you aka Ashley, helps you decide on a tattoo that best represents your soul. I’ve always wanted a tattoo but I’ve never found anything truly meaningful. I came once while we were in Hawaii, it was the place where I really started to understand and accept my postpartum depression and anxiety. Once I did that I was able to work on the issues I was having and move forward. I was so grateful for the trip and on the last day I could have easily gotten one to remember that journey. But I felt it was such a personal journey that I wasn’t quiet ready to share with the world. Instead I kicked the idea to the curb and kept growing through what I was going through. So something like this, especially with where I am today might be right. I feel as though I’m starting to turn a curve and land myself in a better place. A more positive space, a pace I once called home. *fingers crossed*
- My new favorite local site! My best friend is due with her first baby any day now and I wanted to get her something special. I found this site filled with stuff any philly native would appreciate, including onesies for that philly baby in your life!!
- As always I’m gifting you with this weeks Refinery29 Horoscopes! Some may think they are fake or hogwash but I like to think of horoscopes as a way to gain a different prespective of the up and coming week.
–Meg’s Motto of The Week–
All of it just all of it!!!
So for this installment of Links & Things I wanted to talk a little bit about a new collaboration of mine. Influenster is a site dedicated to getting real reviews from real people and bloggers like myself. Now everything I have received was free and I am under no obligation to say I LOVED anything if I didn’t actually love it. All my opinions are my own.
- LashFood BrowFood – This was an interesting product, I have never touched my eyebrows before and I don’t really like to mess with them much. I’m blessed with “okay” eyebrows personally I love them the way they are and don’t add anything to make them fuller. With that being said I thought the product was good, if we are doing a 0-10 rating I’d give it a 8. The instructions are super easy to understand especially for an eyebrow amateur like myself!
- Sigma Face Powder and Brush – Sigma has amazing brushes so when I opened the box and found one inside I jumped. I may not be the most make up savvy lady but I know good brushes. With sensitive skin like mine a bad brush can lead to irritated skin. The color is gorgeous, it adds a little extra something to any look, be it casual or dressed up!
- Julep Boost Your Radiance Rosehip Seed Facial Oil – If you’ve followed along from the beginning you know that I’m an oils girl. Believe me when I say this baby is a true 10. Morning, noon, or even night if I’m feeling stressed or just need a little extra boost all I do it throw some of this on, take a deep breath and am good to go!
- Aquis Luxe Hair Towel – I always down for a good towel. Half top knots have become my favorite casual go-to but they have really hurt your hair if you do them while your hair is went. Same thing goes for when doing that towel head dress move, we all do right after stepping out of the shower. Until receiving the hair towel I never realized how much I was damaging my hair. You can feel a difference in your hair right away when using the Aquis Luxe Hair Towel.
- Quidad Advanced Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo & Conditioner – I have extremely frizzy hair. It is the reason why I never really do my hair in the summer. I usually go with a more natural look because curling it creates more frizz. Straightening it creates more frizz, literally using any extra product can either make it frizzier or super oily. I have to be careful with that I put in my hair. Originally I had this set idea that the Ouidad wasn’t going to work with my hair. From the moment I opened the shampoo I was surprised. It smelled amazing and was light on my hair. Once dry my hair was shiny and well-mannered something that was normally lacking from my locks. This ones a total 1-0!
- Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift – Say hello to my new best friend. I’ve dealt with an unhealthy amount of stress lately. Some of which has finally come to a head and ended. I’ve discussed it a smidgen in a letter addressed to my boys about being kind. Thankfully it seems to have ended and I can finally return to normalcy. But I’m still dealing with bits of paranoia and worriment, even though things seem to have ended, it seems that it takes longer for certain parts of our brains to catch the news. So until I can just chill and get rolling with positive living again I’ll be using this beauty. It fits perfectly in your purse, clutch or carry-on and has the perfect applicator attached for a no mess vibe. I struggle greatly with puffy eyes especially in the morning and when I’m stressed, so it feels like this one was made for me.
Let’s be real, those summer time holidays aren’t as fun with little ones. Of course they have their moments and everything is special because maybe it’s their first Independence Day or they’re big fans of fireworks. But it gets to a point where all you […]
As we start a new week I’m already thinking of the weekend but not for the reason you might think. A weekly tradition of ours is walking to our local farmers market on Friday. The morning always starts out the same, a quick protein pancake breakfast for the boys then we get them dressed, lather them up with sunscreen, the proper attire and go on our way. But I started to think, “what about me?”. Of course I apply sunblock but I feel like as I get older it just isn’t enough and I was feeling as though my accessorizing skills were lacking. Women dress to the nines when it comes to farmers market day and I wasn’t exactly putting my best foot forward. I wasn’t sure where to begin. I’m not exactly a heavy accessories girls. I pretty much stick with sunnies and keep it simple. But there are so many new options out there.
When it comes to summer accessories I would think of sunnies and maybe a hat. But the trends and styles are changing. I don’t think I could exactly say they are trends but soon to be staples. Fashion is evolving and I’m starting to see a new, “trend” so to speak the trend is everything goes. Everything from Simplicity to over accessorizes is do-able. Below I’ve listed some pieces I’ll be testing out this summer. All are under $60 because lets be real no one should have to break the bank on accessorizing unless its a Gucci cross body.
Joanna Gaines did it, Lucille Ball, Julia Roberts and countless other women before me have done it. They brought their children to office with them every day. I mean just stick a pack-n-play right next to you and hustle kinda deal. I know a lot of […]
So a couple months ago I dealt with a bit of online bullying, I handled it the best way I knew how which wasn’t actually the best way and I know that now. Things got to a point where this person tired to turn it on me and make me out to be the bully. So I simply decided to bow out and moved on with my life. While I thought it was all behind me recently this bad energy had found a way to rear its ugly head again or at least try to. Only unlike last time I was prepared, prepared to simply ignore it. Ignoring any situation where someone is making up lies about me or spread false truths is normally not how I roll. I’m big on trying to be nice to people and kill the with kindness until they see that they’ve got me all wrong.
In any mean girl situation I dealt with during my high school years I would confront the person and the problem and be straight forward about it. I don’t have time for talking behind backs and catty attitudes. I’m not here for anyone’s BS or insecurities, your insecurities are your own don’t transfer them onto me. But after this experience I’ve learned a lot and it actually made me think about my boys and what they might have to deal with once they start school.
Of course school is a positive experience that I welcome for them but there’s still the possibility that they will be bullied or even worse that they will be the bully. So Im starting to see this experience as a blessing. So because of this experience, I wanted to write my boys a little letter of sorts so that one day when they’re older I can come back to this for little pearls of wisdom to help them if they needed. Let me be clear right here, if you think I’m going to go into detail about what happened stop reading because I won’t be, it’s all peanuts people, just peanuts. But those peanuts bought a great life lesson to the table. Something that I have to say thank you to that person for because if it wasn’t for the unwarrented situation I would never have evolved, so to you I say, thank you.
To My Boys:
– Kindness counts but not everyone is going to be kind to you.-
It is so important to be kind to one another. You never know someone’s life or if they are struggling and even at a young age we all have something. Just because someone doesn’t put as much stock into kindness as you do doesn’t mean they are a bad person or that you should stoop to their level. Don’t sell yourself short just so you can belittle them back. Sometimes all people want is to poke you so you may act as poorly as they act. Or they just want to make you feel the way they probably feel about themselves. Instead of stooping to their level ask yourself, “Why are they down there?” We all have our reasons don’t let another persons attitude be yours.
– Surround yourself with people who love you for who you are, not who you pretend to me-
You can pretend to be anyone but at the end of the day when you get home, you are who you are. Hiding from yourself and being the person everyone wants isn’t what makes you happy. Being yourself, your best and most authentic self, that is how you will truly be happy. Theres no room for a “Fake it till you make it attitude.” You want to make something of yourself well then just be yourself, the rest will happen on its own.
-Let them think what they want-
People are going to think what they want about you, no matter what the reality is. If someone doesn’t like you they will generally paint a false picture of you. It may be because they have the wrong idea about you or because they are jealous and it makes them feel better. Either way it isn’t your problem, confronting the situation like this just isn’t worth it. It doesn’t matter if you are right or not at the end of the day people will think what they want. You can’t change that but you can change the way you react.
– Ignore the lies-
Ignore the lies and anyone who believes them. If someone is going to spread lies about you it isn’t worth your time. If someone would rather focus their energy on spreading lies about, you instead of focusing their energy on themselves then well theirs clearly a reason and it isn’t your problem. Same thing goes for those who would rather believe the lies then ask you about it. If someones truly a nice person they aren’t going to lie about you and they aren’t going to entertain lies said about you. So think of it as a way to eliminate those people off your friends list.
-As a final note to G and B-
Be your individual self and never apologize to anyone for it. There will always be someone out there trying to knock you down. They aren’t there all the time but when they do show up, just remember one thing for me. Walk away, move on and don’t entertain them. It has taken me a very long time to realize this. But the more attention you give a bully the bigger the problem becomes. The more you focus on yourself and open up to the power of positivity the more you evolve for the better. See, you can waste your time being petty and playing a back and forth game with someone but it’s just going to drag you down. I’ve dealt with bullying, copying and even defamation of character and it’s all because I entertained the idea. Once I stopped engaging and focused solely on positivity the better I felt. Is this person done trying to bully me, lie about me and hate on me in general? Probably not but is it my problem, NO! It isn’t. Maybe they will read this themselves and follow the advice I’m giving to you now or maybe not, either way, not. my. problem. Taking the hide road boys, because just living life and being your best self is the ultimate and only goal I want for you. It isn’t about revenge or making someone see they were wrong about you. It’s about actually being happy and not giving a fuck!