Happy Wednesday Everyone! What a week it has been, with so much going on I’m trying to keep calm and find time to keep up with the things I love. And besides my family that means more blogging! ? It’s shaping up to be a […]
Month: March 2016
We’ve reached 5 months or better known as THE HALFWAY MARK! Super exciting, right? Well, for me at least it’s very excited. I can’t wait to meet our newest little addition and finally get to see that little face of his. So much has changed and so much weight has been gained in just a few short months. ? Either way it’s all good and Mama and baby are doing great! I’m finally back to working five days a week and it feels fantastic. I’m not one to sit around so being back to work and feeling like my old self has truly been a blessing! But with such a busy schedule it can be hard to remember to take care of myself. With a little one growing inside of my I don’t really have the option to just put my health on the back burner. I have to stop and remind myself to do things. Like taking vitamins and drinking enough water. Thankfully I have a few baby apps on my side to give me a little cyber tap on the shoulder and remind me to drink that extra glass of water and not forget my vitamins.
I’m so excited for all the spring and summer have to offer and can’t wait for the weather to pick up so I can take Gunnie outside. Come summer he and I love to walk around the neighborhood and get some fresh air. So both of us are itching for another 80 degree day soon. Today started off a little rainy so I went with something comfortable and simple. Lately I’ve been having problems with my normal choice in footwear so I’ve had to switch it up to sneakers and sandals. Hence all the sneakers you’ve been seeing my sport lately.
Pregnancy So Far….
- I can no longer see my feet. Of course if I lean over the bump I can but if I’m standing straight up, no feet to be found.
- Not going to lie some days I’m feeling that exhaustion return but then other days are amazing so I really can’t complain.
- Starting to have MAJOR food cravings. I thought my hankering were real before but oh boy was I wrong. Yesterday I made the most deliciously healthy meal. My usually brussel sprouts and a little mozzarella chicken were not cutting it. Normally I would’ve been all over it but as soon as I finished cooking I was wanting a juice bacon cheese burger like no other.
Not So Delightful Pregnancy Moments…
- Besides certain dresses I really can’t squeeze myself into my non-maternity buys anymore. I’ve had to get a lot of use out of my credit lately. Thankfully Gap has had a lot of sales lately which has majorly helped lighten the load on my card.
- Still super emotional. I honestly thought my hormones would have balanced out by now but I’m finding my reactions more dramatic than ever. (A special thank you to my extremely patient husband for taking it all like a champ. Mommy and baby admire your strength!)
- Being pregnant while still trying to be patient with my two-year-old. No one really expresses how difficult it can be to have one while there’s another one on the way. While I know it is totally worth it I still feel bad like I’m not giving Gunnie the attention he deserves. ( Something to work on!)
The Delightful Side of Pregnancy Thus Far…
- While I can’t fit into my regular clothes anymore I am seriously loving this baby bump. At the moment I feel so beautiful and cannot wait for summer so I can take some of my tighter pieces for a spin.
- Through this pregnancy I have learned I need to focus on working out different parts of my body. Before Gunnar and right after his birth I couldn’t have been less concerned with working out or health in general. Thankfully this time around I’m much more conscientious of it all. I’ve started working on my arms and legs and I’m bring in more yoga into my work out routine.
- While I don’t want to jinx it I must say my hair has looked fantastic lately! Those baby hormones are doing me well at least in the hair department. I mean of course it helps that I got a fresh-cut but I’m hoping this volume never goes away!
- I’m back to working out 4 times a week and it feels great! I can keep up on my elliptical and various weight lifting machines again. It’s so amazing to have that excitement to work out again
This week the weather has gotten chiller again and it hopes of feeling some spring heat I’ve turned to online shopping! That’s right I’m getting my wardrobe ready for the coming spring and summer. I don’t care if the weather forecast says snow in the Katz house it’s looking like spring! This week Sam and I will be embarking in a pie making contest so check back for more on that as well as some of my favorite beauty buys! Hope you all have a fabulous start to your week ? This week I have a few new weekly obsession that I just can’t get enough of!
I keep circling back to old photos of springs past for a little pick me up whenever it starts to rain or get a little chillier then I’d like. I found this gem from last summer when I first started the blog.
A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a giveaway filled with amazing goodies for Bodhi and Gunnar. I’m starting to receive some of my winnings which has definitely gotten me super excited for Bodhi’s arrival! He is just a taste of what he will be sporting for his first days of life. Mommy, Daddy and Gunnar can’t wait to meet you little bird!
With the idea of spring dancing around in my head I can’t help but be drawn to all my favorite statement necklaces and bangles. This week definitely called for a wardrobe change over including my accessories.
I’ve finally had enough time to play around with my new look and I’m loving how easy it is to curl. Another plus has been the fact that my hair actually keeps a curl now. When my hair was long it really didn’t keep a curl well it was to heavy now I can literally curl in at 7am and by 8pm it’s still going strong!
Cashews have become a major must this week! My favorites are roasted unsalted cashews, later in the week I will be sharing my favorite recipe for cashew milk so check back for that!
While it is a cooler night it’s still a nice one and with the word *snow* being tossed around my our local weather reports I felt I had to get one last grilling session in. I thought it would be fun to test out a few new recipes. Enter grill artichokes! Say it with me…YUM! I was so excited to make this one, I’ve been feeling low on energy the past few months so it was nice to feel back to my old self again. What better way to celebrate that than with a delicious veggie recipe! Last weekend we had the opportunity to grill as well so I’ve tested this one out twice and found that you can’t over cook these bad boys.
- 2 large artichokes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp sriracha sauce
- Pinch of smoke paprika
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Trim your artichokes by slicing off the bottom “nub” and slicing each in half. Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove. Add the juice of 1 lemon to the water, along with a big pinch of Himalayan sea salt. Once boiling, carefully drop in the artichokes. Let simmer for 27 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium/high while artichokes are simmering.
After you hit the 27 minute mark, remove artichokes from the boiling water and place on paper towels to drain. Drizzle two tbsp olive oil over each artichoke, followed by another big squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt.
Place artichokes on the grill, cut-side down. Close grill and let cook for about 10-12 minutes, checking occasionally. You want the artichokes to get really nice and charred.
While the artichokes are grilling, prepare your aioli. Mix together all ingredients and season to taste. When artichokes are tender and charred, remove from the grill, let cool then serve with the spicy lemon aioli.